& CALL FOR PAPERS
15th International Joint World Cultural Tourism
Date : November 22-24, 2014 / Venue : Hanyang Women's University, Seoul, Korea
- University of Novi Sad, Serbia
- University of Phayao, Thailand
- Istanbul Arel University, Turkey
- Tourism College of Zhejiang, China
- CETA University College of Tourism, Spain
- Philippine Academic Society of Culture and Tourism, the Philippines
- University, of Hawaii, USA
- Yasar University, Turkey
- National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- Tumaini University at Iringa, Tanzania
- South Kazakhstan State University, Kazakhstan
- Hokkaido Academic Society of Tourism, Japan
- Australian School of Tourism and Hotel Management, Australia
- School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culture and the Culture heritage Institute, Centennial College, Canada
- Cape Breton University, Canada
- Technical Education Institute of Piraeus, Greece
- Indonesia University of Education, Indonesia
- Korean Academic Society of Culture and Tourism, Korea
- World Cultural Tourism Association
World Cultural Tourism Association, University of Novi Sad, Serbia, University of Phayao, Thailand, Istanbul Arel University, Turkey, Tourism College of Zhejiang, China, CETA University College of Tourism, Spain, Philippine Academic Society of Culture and Tourism, the Philippines, University, of Hawaii, USA, Yasar University, Turkey, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, Taiwan, Tumaini University at Iringa, Tanzania, South Kazakhstan State University, Kazakhstan, Hokkaido Academic Society of Tourism, Japan, Australian School of Tourism and Hotel Management, Australia, School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culture and the Culture heritage Institute, Centennial College, Canada, Cape Breton University, Canada, Technical Education Institute of Piraeus, Greece, Indonesia University of Education, Indonesia, Korean Academic Society of Culture and Tourism, Korea are pleased to announce the International Cultural Tourism Conference 2011.
The aim of this conference is to provide a forum for international educators, scholars, researchers, industry professionals, policy-makers and graduate students with opportunity to explore and discuss issues in the topics on cultural tourism. We are sure that it is clear the findings of this conference can be effective and insightful directions for cultural tourism development and planning. It is our great pleasure to welcome all of you to this conference. We welcome you all of VIP guests, educators, policy-makers and students to this conference.
All presenters and participants are requested to register for the conference. Registration Fees are US$400 before August 23, 2014 and US$450 thereafter. Conference registration fee includes participation in all conference sessions in three days, participation in all scheduled meal functions and refreshment breaks, Cultural Tour and a copy of conference proceedings.
CALL FOR PAPERS:
The Conference will focus on a broad range of topics related to education and research in culture/heritage and tourism/hospitality. The Conference organizers invite papers, abstracts and presentation proposals relevant to culture and tourism, hospitality management. Considering the theme of the conference, Paper with any of the following or related subjects would be appropriate for presentation:
Any kind of issues in culture/heritage and tourism/hospitality/food service/convention/events.
- Cross-cultural studies in tourism/hospitality.
- Emerging issues in education and training.
- Studies and case studies on tourism/hospitality development/management/administration.
- Studies related to marketing and promotion of tourism/hospitality.
- Studies related to tourism/hospitality forecasting and economic aspects of industry.
- Studies on social, cultural, economic and environmental impact of tourism/hospitality.
- Tourism/hospitality and environmental sustainability.
- Human resources development and educational issues in industry.
- Financial models or econometrics of tourism/hospitality.
- Operation of tourism and hospitality businesses at both macro and micro levels.
- The gaming and casino industry.
- The festival and event industry
- Community tourism development and rural/farm tourism.
- Post-modern tourism/hospitality and contemporary issues in tourism/hospitality.
- IT and Internet aspects of tourism/hospitality.
- Culture and heritage
- Innovation in Tourism
- Historic and geographic tourism evolution
- Entrepreneurism, marketing and tourism businesses
- Tourist itineraries management
- Planning, sustainability and impacts of tourism
- Preservation in nature
- Human practices of material culture preservation
- Preserving the intangible
- Aesthetics, ethics, prescriptions, politics and theory of preservation, conservation, and restoration of material culture.
- Meaningful objects and the museum
- Heritage and governance for development
- Heritage and education Policies
- Heritage and culture
- Heritage and economics
- Heritage and environment
- Heritage and society
- Other papers related to the theme of the Conference
- About 300 words of abstract should be submitted by August 23, 2014
- 10 pages of papers should be submitted by August 23, 2014
- The abstract should be submitted to our website(http://www.kasct.co.kr/eng) ON LINE Submission(Abstract)
- The paper should be submitted to our website(http://www.kasct.co.kr/eng) ON LINE Submission(Paper)
- Deadline for submitting abstract is August 23, 2014
- Deadline for submitting paper is September 23, 2014
- Deadline for early-bird registration is August 23, 2014
- Paper Review Committee will conduct a refereed screening of papers.
- Format of Presentations:
-Paper sessions will have about 5 papers presented in each 90 minute session, giving each presenter 15 Minutes.
-Panel sessions will provide an opportunity for about five presenters to speak in a more open and conversational setting with conference attendees.
Submitting a Proposal:
1. Create a title page for your submission.
The title page should include:
a. title of the submission
b. name(s) of the author(s)
c. department(s) and affiliation(s)
d. mailing address(es)
e. e-mail address(es)
f. phone number(s)
g. fax number(s)
2. Submit your abstract and paper, along with a title page, to ON Line Submission(abstract) and On LINE submission(paper) on our website :http://www.kasct.co.kr
Receipt of submissions will be acknowledged via email within 48 hours. If you do not wish to email your submission, you may send it via regular mail to:
Prof, Jung, Sung-chae, Ph.D.
World Cultural Tourism Association
Dept. of Tourism Management, Honam University,
59-1 Seobong-dong Gwangsan-gu
Gwang-ju, Korea 506-714
Tel : +82-62-940-5582 / Fax : +82-62-940-5582
E-mail : email@example.com, scjung@honam,ac.kr,
3. Submissions will only be published in the conference proceedings if at least one of the authors registers and attends the conference.
Final copies of accepted papers will be professionally published with ISSN number PRIOR to the Conference.
Please enquire to:
Prof, Jung, Sung-chae, Ph.D.
World Cultural Tourism Associatiomn
Dept. of Tourism Management, Honam University, 59-1 Seobong-dong Gwangsan-gu Gwang-ju, Korea 506-714
Tel : +82-62-940-5582 / Fax : +82-62-940-5582 /
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. http://www.kasct.co.kr
Specifications and Instructions for Submitting Final Papers for Journals and Conference Proceedings
- General Text Requirements:
A. All manuscripts must be prepared in English and free of grammatical, spelling and/or punctuation errors. Please make sure your paper is thoroughly edited and proof read before submission.
B. All manuscripts must be the original work not yet submitted to any other journals or publications prior to the Conference. Following the Conference, authors are free to submit the manuscript for publication in any journals.
C. The conference proceedings will be professionally reproduced with an appropriate ISBN/ISSN number. Final copies of all manuscript prepared based on the following specifications must be submitted to On LINE submission on our website :http://www.kasct.co.kr
D. Page Limitations:
1. Authors are allowed to submit a final paper of up to 10 single spaced pages(Conference Proceedings) inclusive of everything (e.g., any tables, figures, references and appendices)..
2. Papers exceeding this page limit can be accepted with an additional production charge of US$10 for every additional single spaced page. Papers exceeding the page limit and submitted without the additional production charges will not be included in the proceedings.
Prepare your paper using Microsoft Word software on PC only. Submit your paper to the Director of Paper Review Committee, Dr, Jung, as an email attachment (On Line Submission) .
- Paper Format (also see sample below).
- The paper should follow the following format:
Up to 10(Conference Proceedings) inclusive of all tables, figures, references, appendices and so on. The text should be single-spaced within each paragraph but double spaced between paragraphs. Do not number the pages but make sure the pages are in correct order. Pages will be numbered by the editor.
- Font Type: Times New Roman
- Font size 11 point.
- The paper must be formatted for A4 size (210mm x 297mm).
- Set the page margins exactly as follows: top, bottom, left and right for 1 inch.
- Indent the first sentence of each paragraph with ½ inch and align text justify.
- All manuscripts must be accompanied by a short abstract of about 100 words and a list of no more than six key words, which define the subject matter.
- Consistency in presentation must be maintained throughout the paper.
- Use tables and simple diagrams which are clearly presented.? Please do NOT use colour graphics.
- Please do NOT use footnotes and do NOT list references as footnotes at the end of each page.
- If the paper does not follow these specifications, it will be returned!
For other details, please see the example format below.
TITLE OF YOUR PAPER CENTERED LIKE THIS
* Your Name James Bond
Your Department’s Name
Your Organization (University’s) Name
Your co-author’s name
Your co-author’s Department Name
Your co-author’s Organization (University’s) Name and Your co-author’s name
Your co-author’s Department Name
Your co-author’s Organization (University’s) Name
[Mark * in front of the name of the presenting author]
Starting with “Abstract,” your paper needs to be typed in one column as shown in this example. Indent the first sentences of each paragraph with ½ inch. Use single space within each paragraph but double space between paragraphs as shown in this example. Do not number the pages but make sure the pages are in the correct order. Pages will be numbered by the editor.(All papers must be prepared and submitted in English).
Key Words: identify and list key words (maximum 6) which represent the content of your paper.
The paper title, author names (full names and institution only), titles (e.g., Assistant Professor or Assistant Dean or Head of School, etc.) and degrees (e.g., Ph.D., etc.) are not necessary. Title and author affiliations must be centered as shown above.
Submit your final paper to the Director of Paper Review as indicated in the accompanying instruction sheets. All papers need to be prepared in Microsoft Word and submitted as an email attachment.
TABLES AND FIGURES
Tables and figures must appear within the text (not at the end of the text). Tables and figures need to be numbered sequentially (e.g., Table 1, Table 2, Table 3, etc.) and they should bear a title (with appropriate upper and lower case letters) which explains their contents. For example:
Table 1. Profile of Conference Participants
Profile Frequency Percentage
Male 98 49.00
Female 102 51.00
Total 200 100
References must be listed immediately following the CONCLUSION or SUMMARY of the paper. Use APA style (http://www.apastyle.org). Alphabetize by author, and for each author list in chronological sequence. List the author’s names exactly as written in the source cited. (Please do NOT list references as footnotes at the end of each page).
See example below:
Aaker, D. A., Kumar, V. and Day, G.S. (1995), Marketing Research. 5th ed. John Wiley, New York.
Diaz, A. B. C. and Ruiz, F. J. M. (2002), The Consumer’s Reaction to Delays in Service, International Journal of Service Industry Management, 13(2), 118-140.
Pritzker, T.J. (n.d.). An Early Fragment from Central Nepal [Online]. Retrieved June 8, 1995, from http://www.ingress.com/~astanart/pritzker/pritzker.html
Smith, P.S. (2001, October 23). The Finest Dining Places in Hong Kong. South China Morning Post, B1, B3.
Acknowledgement is optional and should appear after the references and before the appendices.
Any “appendices” should appear at the end of the article after the list of references and acknowledgement(if applicable).
Paper Review Committee
World Cultural Tourism Association